peculiar world
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

So Energetic

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden

So Energetic Empty So Energetic

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar zo jul 18, 2021 12:08 am

I've been known to tear shit up and go off like a gun
Fuck that shit, let's start a riot!

It was still weird to think that the two would meet again. Hell, he hadn’t even expected to really get Wren’s phone number. Sure, their night had been amazing, but it had been clear from the start that it had been purely physical. Still, Zeal couldn’t help but feel slightly excited. It was true that he was mostly doing this for Joltik. The little yellow spider was sitting on his shoulder, but mostly hiding in the hoodie that Zeal had pulled over his head. Joltik enjoyed sitting on his shoulder and neck, hiding from people, while still glancing at them. The pet was shy of nature, so it was almost a miracle that it had enjoyed it’s time with Snivy. It was because of that, and the clear miss that Joltik had expressed that Zeal had decided to message Wren. It seemed like Wren was down for a meeting for the pets as well. Zeal didn’t know if that night would be repeated, but for now he wasn’t going for it. He wasn’t doing this for himself, plus it would be nice to just talk – especially since he had shared a bit of way too personal stuff.

He looked up once he heard Joltik squeal next to him. He noticed Wren with Snivy. He smirked and lowered his hoodie, revealing the little spider to the world. Joltik was taken aback a bit by the sudden light and appearance of the outer world, but soon got excited by the view of Snivy and dashed off of Zeal to speed to his new buddy.

Zeal chuckled softly and set a few steps to Wren as well. ”See, they’ve really missed each other,” he said with a nod to the pets. He then looked at Wren with a grin. ”And? Have you missed me?” he teased with a grin.

tag: Wren
eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

So Energetic Empty Re: So Energetic

Bericht van Wren Magpie zo jul 18, 2021 12:35 am

Corrupting the young with your uncivil tongue.

What a shame if you misspeak now.

It was honestly good to have an excuse to be outside and it was doing wonders for Snivy’s mood too as Wren stood around in the park to wait for Zeal. It wasn’t like he was forced to stay at the headquarters, but with most of the people he was close to being part of the cult there was no real reason to leave and his job still mostly took place inside. This was a nice change of pace. Even if he hadn’t been expecting to give away his number any more than Zeal had expected him to. It might have been a very in the moment thing, but he wasn’t regretting it all. It had turned out the other man was even entertaining to text and it didn’t take a genius to figure out their pets got along and would benefit from this just as much, or maybe even more, than they would.

Snivy’s squeaking was all the warning he needed that Zeal and his pet were approaching. The green lizard had been perched on top of his head like he usually was to have a good overview of the whole park. Once again everything about the pet was smug until he turned into a series of excited noises as he jumped off too to greet his spider friend. At the same time Wren happily waved at Zeal, his eyes scrunching up a bit. Okay, maybe he was pretty excited for this too. It was nice to hang out with someone who didn’t judge him and made for surprisingly good company, even if their whole night had just been a no strings attached thing.

He also took some more steps to close the gap until they were within easy talking distance. ”See, they’ve really missed each other,” Zeal pointed out. Wren’s gaze went back and forth between him and the pets before nodding in agreement. ”For sure,” he agreed easily. ”And? Have you missed me?” Zeal continued to tease. It was enough to make him laugh as he decided to play along. Dramatically he pulled the man into a close hug. ”I don’t know how I made it through these days without you,” he sniffled loudly. ”I spent my every waking hour thinking about…” He added a dramatic pause for extra effect as he pulled back with a big grin. ”Your dick.” Zeal wasn’t the only one who could tease.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar zo jul 18, 2021 11:45 am

Zeal’s smile automatically grew bigger as he saw how enthusiasm Wren seemed as well. He was glad to notice that he wasn’t at least the only one looking forward to spent some time together again. He didn’t know where or how this would go, but as long as it was fun it was all good. And even then, he was doing this for Joltik, not for himself.

His attention went first to their pets who had clearly missed each other. ”For sure,” Wren agreed. With a grin Zeal decided to tease a bit. It was an easy way to break the ice and it seemed like Wren was in for it too. The man laughed before pulling Zeal into a hug, which made Zeal chuckle as well. ”I don’t know how I made it through these days without you,” Wren sniffled. Zeal laughed softly. ”I know, it was almost unbearable,” Zeal played along with a grin.

”I spent my every waking hour thinking about…” A pause was added and Zeal looked up at the man with his big doe eyes, only to be pulled back and meet Wren’s big grin. ”Your dick.” Wren ended, making Zeal laugh again and shake his head. ”You are a dick,” he replied with a grin, before shaking his head again and focusing his attention back on their pets – wanting to keep a close eye on them as well.

”So, how was your job? Still boring without any good distractions?” he asked with a grin, not expecting a clear answer back. ”I have to say, when we met in the forest I really thought that your job would be a lot bloodier. I’m surprised you apparently aren’t some hitmen company. Al though it keeps me wondering what it is that you guys are after,” Zeal said, revealing his theories and thoughts. He again didn’t expect them to be answered or confirmed. He just wanted to let Wren know what he was thinking.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie zo jul 18, 2021 1:21 pm

With Snivy’s squeaking warning him of their approach he soon spotted Zeal and his yellow spider. Immediately his lizard was off to greet Joltik and the spider seemed just as enthusiastic to play with him again in return. It really did look like they had missed each other. And sure yeah, he could pretend he had missed Zeal too. If Wren was honest he hadn’t known the other long enough to miss him, that didn’t stop him from laughing and playing along dramatically. ”I know, it was almost unbearable,” Zeal played right along.

It was Wren’s cue to continue his words, including a dramatic pause. The cute doe-eyed look he got was almost enough to make him laugh before he even got to the end of his sentence. ”You are a dick,” Zeal replied, which did make him laugh softly. ”Just being honest,” he shrugged back in return. The casual atmosphere really was nice for a day. Even their surroundings were perfect. On purpose he had chosen a less crowded spot and the weather wasn’t too cold or too hot either today.

He followed Zeal’s example by also turning his attention back to their pets to watch them roll around in the grass together. ”So, how was your job? Still boring without any good distractions?” Zeal started on a new subject. Wren side-eyed him a bit. ”Still boring,” he just answered. The work subject was still something he couldn’t go very in debt about, on the other hand he was the one who had brought it up in text conversation. Not his fault that taxes were boring and he’d rather complain to his new friend.. fuckbuddy.. undefined thing. Whatever they had going on didn’t really need a name, he’d just see where it went. ”I have to say, when we met in the forest I really thought that your job would be a lot bloodier. I’m surprised you apparently aren’t some hitmen company. Al though it keeps me wondering what it is that you guys are after,” Zeal continued to share his thoughts. Softly Wren hummed. There wasn’t that much left that he could say that wouldn't be revealing too much.

”I think you’re going to be wondering about that for a while,” he replied with a hint of amusement as he ruffled through Zeal’s hair to tease him some more. One day he might find out, if a cooperation would ever happen. For now it was all a secret. ”All that matters is that being an accountant sucks no matter which company you’re with, but I’m the only one who can properly do it, so I’m stuck,” he sighed out. Turns out it was kind of difficult to replace someone who had been around for over 700 years. ”Which is why I’m happy to get out for a day,” Wren added on a more cheerful note with a gesture towards their pets.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar zo jul 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Their pets were clearly excited to meet each other again and it seemed like Wren and Zeal had ‘missed’ each other as well. The two played along, insulting the other while doing so. ”Just being honest,” Wren shrugged, on which Zeal rolled his eyes, but chuckled softly. It wasn’t like he had really expected the man to miss him. Zeal hadn’t really missed him either. Sure, it was nice to meet each other again and to hang out, but he would’ve survived without it.

”Still boring,” came the expected answer. Zeal hummed softly, before drifting of on a small ramble of what his thoughts were of Wren’s work and motive. It seemed odd to him that Wren’s company mainly stalked people, which meant they were only after information but didn’t kill anyone. Which was odd. What kind of goal did they have to need that information? It was something he would probably never get the answer too. In any case he was glad that his own job wasn’t so boring. ”I think you’re going to be wondering about that for a while,” Wren confirmed. Zeal nodded. ”I’ll just have to live with it,” he answered dramatically, hopefully making clear that he really didn’t mind it that he wouldn’t know. Wren didn’t know everything about his job either -or so Zeal thought- so it seemed only fair.

”All that matters is that being an accountant sucks no matter which company you’re with, but I’m the only one who can properly do it, so I’m stuck,” Wren continued with a sigh. Zeal smirked a bit and looked to the side to Wren. ”So you’re going to be stuck doing accountant work for forever.” It sounded pretty depressing, but he was sure that Wren could really escape if he wanted to. Surely, if Wren could so easily hang out with a stranger, then it wouldn’t be that difficult to escape right? Zeal had been able to get the afternoon off, but he knew that his boss would be checking the camera’s of this street and surroundings to know where he was at all time.

”Which is why I’m happy to get out for a day,” Wren continued. Zeal nodded. ”Which reminds me,” he then started, perking up a bit out of enthusiasm. He pulled the backpack off his shoulder and squatted down. ”I know you don’t have to eat because you’re immortal and all that, but I did bake us some muffins if you’re interested,” Zeal explained a bit softer, feeling a bit stupid about it – but if Wren didn’t like it he would just eat them alone. He sat down on the grass and pulled out a box with freshly baked muffins, holding it up for Wren.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie zo jul 18, 2021 5:33 pm

Once again work was a subject Wren couldn’t say a lot about. This time it was at least easier to give vague replies as he listened to the ramble Zeal went on. It was fun to hear his thought process about the vague things he knew. All he could do was confirm that there still weren’t any answers he could give. ”I’ll just have to live with it,” Zeal replied dramatically. In answer Wren snorted softly. ”How will you ever survive,” he responded, voice dripping with fake pity. It didn’t seem like the other truly minded the lack of information.

At least he could still complain about the job he was stuck in without giving too much information away that shouldn’t be shared. Almost every functioning company should have at least one accountant, he was just Avis’ chosen one. ”So you’re going to be stuck doing accountant work for forever,” Zeal concluded too. ”Pretty much,” Wren confirmed, although he didn’t sound too upset about it. If he really wanted to he could easily get to do something else. Truth be told, he liked feeling important as the only one who could keep up with all the stats and math involved and in return he was practically Crow’s second in command so it wasn’t too bad. It just got pretty boring at times.

And if anything it was nice to get out for a day with Snivy and have some company. ”Which reminds me,” Zeal started, clearly enthusiastic about something. Curiously Wren tilted his head as he watched him squat down with his backpack. ”I know you don’t have to eat because you’re immortal and all that, but I did bake us some muffins if you’re interested,” he explained. Wren couldn’t even help the smile that crossed his face. Immortal or not, the gesture was adorable as he plopped down on the grass too. ”I still like eating, even if I don’t need to,” he happily confirmed as he took one of the muffins. Without any hesitation he took a bite, eyes widening at how good it tasted. ”Did you really make these yourself?” Wren asked, actually sounding impressed. ”Because if so our pets should be having playdates a lot more often,” he added with a wide grin. Now there really was no reason to regret giving away his phone number as he took another bite.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar zo jul 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Zeal had found peace with the fact that he would never really know what Wren did for his job, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t be curious or speculate about it. It was too much fun to not think about it, plus his boss would probably thrill to hear if he actually heard any new information. Al though it didn’t feel totally right anymore to share the information with Jeremy. At the same time, he knew that Jeremy would figure it out anyway and that Wren would share the information he obtained as well. It didn’t matter. They weren’t anything official anyway.

They were here to have fun and with that Zeal realized that he still had something for Wren. Zeal liked to bake and cook, but most of the time he had no one to share the made food with. So, this time, he was sure to bring some fresh baked muffins with him to share with Wren. His own smile grew bigger as he noticed Wren’s. It seemed that the man didn’t mind it or thought weird of the gesture. It wasn’t meant romantically or anything. He just liked to share his food. ”I still like eating, even if I don’t need to,” Wren answered the earlier words about him not needing food. Zeal smiled. ”Perfect,” he beamed, before holding up the container for Wren.

With a slight nervous gaze he watched as the man took the first bite of the baked good. He saw how his eyes widened, not sure if it was a good sign or not. ”Did you really make these yourself?” Wren asked, sounding fairly impressed. Zeal perked up a bit, nodding with too much excitement than he wanted to show. ”I did,” he answered with a smile. ”Because if so our pets should be having playdates a lot more often,” Wren then added with a grin. Zeal’s smile widened, before taking a bite of a muffin himself and humming in delight.

”I like to bake and cook, but I don’t have nearly enough people to share it with,” he said with a small smile. ”But anyone who does share the bed with me, is guaranteed a nice meal when they wake up,” he added with a grin. Something that Wren should know since Zeal had given him a great breakfast in the morning, and with that he wasn’t suggesting the blowjob he had gotten.

”So, you’re afraid of medical stuff,” Zeal then started on another subject. ”Any reason to why? Or you’ve just always been scared of it?” he asked, hoping that this was something he could ask about and get an answer on.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie zo jul 18, 2021 10:19 pm

With a tilt of his head Wren watched Zeal pull something out of his bag, only to reveal a container of muffins. Sugar was a guaranteed way to make his day even better as he sat down, quickly explaining that not needing to eat didn’t hold him back from enjoying it. Eagerly he took a bite, immediately noticing how good the muffin tasted. It hadn’t gone unnoticed that Zeal was a talented cook and apparently baking was no exception to that rule.

He chuckled quietly at the clear excitement Zeal showed as he nodded to answer his question. ”I did,” he confirmed and Wren hummed in appreciation. If he could get muffins every single time he was going to make sure to spend a lot more time with the other man. ”I like to bake and cook, but I don’t have nearly enough people to share it with,” Zeal explained while he took some more bites of the muffin, nodding along to show he was listening. It wasn’t the kind of hobby you’d expect someone of Zeal’s profession to have which only made it more interesting. On top of that Wren couldn’t really judge, considering his own love for mechanical keyboards. Maybe he could get Zeal one too if they continued to hang out more often. All he’d have to do was figure out his favourite color scheme.

”But anyone who does share the bed with me, is guaranteed a nice meal when they wake up,” Zeal added. Wren happily confirmed that with a nod. It had been a pleasant surprise to wake up to - both the blowjob and the breakfast. But the first one of those he had been expecting, the second he hadn’t. ”All the more reason to share the bed with you more often too,” he said back with a smug look. That, and because he really wanted to repeat the night.

His gaze automatically went back to their pets who seemed completely lost in their own world, caught up in what looked like a game of tag. It was cute to see Snivy make sure he didn’t play too rough with the spider. Absentmindedly he bit down on the muffin again. ”So, you’re afraid of medical stuff?” Zeal surprised him with a new subject. A slight frown crossed over his face. ”Yeah,” Wren just admitted. There was little point to denying it after he had already said it over text. The consequences of his own actions were really haunting him, even if he didn’t think for Zeal to be the type to use that weakness against him, especially because he shared the same fear.

”Any reason to why? Or you’ve just always been scared of it?” he asked. Wren turned his gaze back to him again, keeping on a smile to keep the atmosphere light. ”Medical equipment and procedures used to be a lot less developed and a lot more traumatising back in the days. I guess it’s all more developed nowadays, but that fear never left. It’s always real fun during the yearly check-up,” he added the final part with a slight grin. It was the one day a year that he made everybody’s life a hell trying to avoid the mandatory check-up and he had no regrets. It didn’t hurt to give that part of information away either, yearly health check-ups were nothing special. ”And you?” he asked back, equally wondering where Zeal had gotten his fear from.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar ma jul 19, 2021 12:03 am

Zeal enjoyed baking and cooking. Cooking was a bit easier to do, especially if he didn’t feel like paying too much attention to what he was making, but when he had the time to be focused and put some real energy in it, he also loved to bake. So, it was a rare opportunity to share it with someone else and he was pleased to know that Wren enjoyed it.

Zeal explained how he loved to make food, but rarely had the opportunity to share it and Wren had another fitting comment. ”All the more reason to share the bed with you more often too,” the man said. Zeal chuckled softly. ”It’d be a treat to the both of us,” he replied, before taking his next bite with a seductive glare.

Sitting in the grass, both eating a muffin, made him think about how normal of an activity this truly was. Something he wouldn’t imagine himself doing with anyone, but he didn’t mind it. The casualty of it all made him relax. He hadn’t many friends, most were just colleagues and even then, he didn’t know if he could call them his friends, and he also wasn’t sure if Wren wanted to be his friend. God, he felt like a little boy thinking that way. Did he want to be friends with Wren?

He shook his head softly. If anything, he did want to learn more about the man. It was frustrating enough that he couldn’t learn more about Wren’s job, so he hoped he would get an answer on other subjects he had been curious about.

It seemed like Wren wasn’t too keen about Zeal bringing up his fear for medical procedures, but Zeal trusted Wren that he’d tell him if he didn’t want to talk about it. ”Medical equipment and procedures used to be a lot less developed and a lot more traumatising back in the days. I guess it’s all more developed nowadays, but that fear never left. It’s always real fun during the yearly check-up,” Wren explained, his last words with a slight grins. Zeal chuckled softly as well, already imaging how Wren would climb on top of a bookshelf, refusing to get down while others tried to pull him down.

But it was understandable. Zeal was equally traumatized he hadn’t experienced such awful procedures. Well, maybe they were as horrible, but not in an ancient non-sciency way. In any case he could understand how Wren wouldn’t be a fan of anything medical. ”And you?” Wren returned the question. Zeal took a small bite from the muffin to buy himself some time. He knew it wasn’t a secret that Jeremy had experiments but talking about what had happened was obviously still not very comfortable for him. ”I’m one of Jeremy’s experiments,” he explained with a wry smile. ”So y’know, lots of capsules, needles, cables and all that. And that was on a pretty young age and never really went away.” Even these days he could be called at any time for some experimenting in the lab. He couldn’t refuse, even if he really wanted to. He knew that the punishment would be unbearable if he did.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie ma jul 19, 2021 1:06 am

Wren was glad to sit around and enjoy the muffins while their pets entertained themselves. It was the perfect day off as he listened to the explanation about the cooking, adding a comment where appropriate. ”It’d be a treat to the both of us,” Zeal agreed with a seductive glance. Wren sent the same kind of seductive look right back. It was obvious they were on the same page about wanting a repeat of the night too. Who knew where their park date without any actual romance behind it would be going.

The subject soon got changed again into something new. It didn’t feel good to talk about a possible weakness, then again, he had already revealed it anyways. With a hint of humor Wren explained the why. Medical equipment had been very lacking at best and straight up traumatising at its worst for the longest time. Of course with immortality there hadn’t been much need for heavy procedures, but the nineteen years before that and the rare times medical things were needed had been enough to leave him with a lifelong fear. Enough for him to make the yearly check-up everyone else’s problem. Last year he had actually ended up biting Crow in an attempt to get out of it and he was still proud of that fact, even if in the end he had still been subjected to being checked.

It seemed like Zeal understood his point of view too. Knowing that they shared the same fear, Wren asked the question right back. In silence he waited for the other to choose whether he wanted to respond or not, also taking another bite. ”I’m one of Jeremy’s experiments,” Zeal ended up explaining. That explained a lot as Wren hummed softly. He wasn’t insanely up to date with it, but he knew enough to already understand why Zeal would be scared off medical stuff. ”So y’know, lots of capsules, needles, cables and all that. And that was on a pretty young age and never really went away,” he continued to explain. Again Wren just hummed, grimacing a bit. He couldn’t exactly drop a ‘I know how much all that stuff cost Jeremy’ into the conversation. ”At least we can suffer through this fear together,” he offered instead with a chuckle in order to keep the conversation light.

The whole conversation could probably use a lighter turn again as he racked his brain for a new topic. Before he’d have to end up giving awkward comfort again. ”So, cooking right? Do you have any other hobbies, not including murder?” he easily found a lighter subject to change to. It was definitely obvious to be switching from topics like this, but he didn’t really care. Instead he shamelessly leaned over to grab a second muffin from the container. What, they were good.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar ma jul 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Zeal was aware of the fact that fear wasn’t the most fun to talk about, but he couldn’t help but be curious about it. He wanted to do if it was something that had been there since birth, or if it had been implied by extern factors like his own fear. Wren’s explanation made sense and Zeal could easily imagine himself getting the fear in the same way. His own way of gaining the fear was a bit different, but they basically both gained their fear by traumatic experiences of medical procedures. ”At least we can suffer through this fear together,” Wren said with a chuckle, noticing the sick irony as well. Zeal chuckled softly and nodded. ”Exactly,” he replied. He might be joking, but it was nice to be able to talk with someone else about it. Technically he could talk with his twin about the same traumas as well, but he didn’t think he’d be able to feel any sympathy towards Laxus – knowing that he had the one thing that Zeal wanted.

”So, cooking right? Do you have any other hobbies, not including murder?” Wren asked, pulling Zeal away from his thoughts before he could feel the grudge for Laxus boiling up again. ”Uhmm…” Zeal hummed, trying to think of anything. He didn’t usually talk about his hobbies with others. It was something he kept for himself, aside from the cooking. ”Well, you’ve probably seen the books. I like reading and learning more about supernatural creatures,” he eventually ended with a small smile. It felt a bit awkward to say, but he didn’t expect Wren to make fun of him. ”What hobbies do you have?” he therefore asked in return as he took another muffin as well.

eve's codes

Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie ma jul 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Zeal’s explanation of how his fear had came to be made a lot of sense too. It was easy to imagine how being an experiment had affected both him and the twin brother he had mentioned into having a fear of medical things. Just like Wren’s story it sounded like it was a matter of traumatic experiences, just caused by different things. For him it was old time procedures and for Zeal it was experimentation. Well, they at least could suffer through it together. ”Exactly,” Zeal agreed with a soft chuckle. There was something nice yet ironic to the solidarity in sharing a fear.

Before the conversation could get too dark Wren switched the subject up again, this time to hobbies. It really was turning into a nice little get-to-know-eachother thing, Not the most standard thing for his hook-ups, but he could roll with it. As he waited for a response he bit down on the second muffin, pleased to find out it tasted just as good as the first one. Yep, he was definitely keeping Zeal around.

”Well, you’ve probably seen the books,” he started. Wren nodded that he had seen the piles of them, though at the time he had mostly had more important things on mind. ”I like reading and learning more about supernatural creatures,” Zeal shared with a small smile. It wasn't the kind of hobby Wren would have expected from him, that didn't mean he would judge it. Knowing about supernatural creatures probably was useful for his job too. ”So have you tried to figure out what kind of supernatural creature I am yet?” Wren teased with a smug look in response. Considering he wasn’t even a supernatural creature, more a man-made thing, he doubted that Zeal could have reached any correct conclusion, but he’d like to hear the theories.

”What hobbies do you have?” came the expected question back. Wren’s face lit up a bit more as he finally got to talk about his own interests. ”I collect a lot of stuff and I like to design mechanical keyboards,” he answered without any shame. It was a shame he couldn’t actually take Zeal back to the headquarters to show off this keyboards or the rooms filled with stuff he had collected. Though his eyes already lit up even more with the next idea. ”I even have some really old books filled with research on creatures, if you’re interested,” Wren added. Not that he’d ever really been interested in the books himself, they had just been interesting to collect with the intricate art on the covers.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar ma jul 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Talking about hobbies was way better than talking about fears. Zeal had enough traumas to share, but he wasn’t one for sharing (even though he had already shared way too much personal stuff) and wasn’t planning on sharing his traumas or more of his fears either. Aside from that, it seemed like Wren wasn’t too thrilled to talk about it either, so he was happy when the subject changed. He shared his interest about reading and in the supernatural. First his interest in supernatural had been forced on him. He had been taught to know everything about his opponents and therefore as much about the supernatural as possible, but know it was lingering as a hobby. It helped him in fights, and he found it interesting to know more about them.

Zeal had been thinking of what kind of creature Wren could be. Zeal hadn’t learned a lot about immortal creatures, but Wren had rekindled that interest. ”So have you tried to figure out what kind of supernatural creature I am yet?” Wren asked, as if he could read Zeal’s mind. He looked way too smug while asking it. Zeal could see where Snivy got his attitude from. Zeal chuckled softly and shook his head. ”I have, but haven’t found anything that fit yet,” he admitted. He gazed at the man, as if he could find the answer if he just stared long enough. ”I do think you’re some kind of demon, hence the immortality and teleporting,” he then said, hinting at the way their first meeting had been. No way that Wren had just been lingering in some tree. He had come out of nowhere. ”But aside that, you haven’t shown me enough yet to make a clear prognosis.” He tilted his head a bit. ”Do you have any powers you can show me?” he then asked. He was curious, but he could also easily conclude that the powers of the other were also meant to be mysterious and a secret for others.

He then returned the question, being equally curious to what hobbies Wren had. He already noticed how Wren’s face lit up and he smiled a bit more. It was almost cute to see. ”I collect a lot of stuff and I like to design mechanical keyboards,” Wren answered. Zeal looked up surprised. ”Keyboards?” he repeated. It wasn’t something he expected, but it did make him only more curious. ”How do you make or design those?” he therefore asked.

”I even have some really old books filled with research on creatures, if you’re interested,” Wren then added. Now it was Zeal’s turn to perk up enthusiastic. ”Really? That’d be awesome!” he exclaimed with a smile. ”I’d love to see the other stuff you’ve collected as well, but I assume that’s at a place I’m not allowed to visit,” he said with a grin.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie ma jul 19, 2021 7:33 pm

Looking for something more cheerful to linger on Wren smoothly changed the subject with the question what Zeal was into - in terms of hobbies. Books on supernatural creatures was a surprising answer, though it made sense and explained the piles of them in his apartment. It was easy to see how it could be useful too. Over the years Wren had collected enough information of his own about all kinds of things, creatures and humans alike, and it was useful more often that not.

It also made Wren wonder if the other had came up with any theories about what he could be yet, even if he could never be right about it. ”I have, but haven’t found anything that fit yet,” Zeal replied the expected answer. Still smug Wren looked back at him under the gaze. There wasn’t much interesting to be seen, if you didn’t count how pretty he was, of course. The only real noticeable thing were the black coloured irises surrounding his equally black pupils. The kind of dark pupils you’d expect to see back in birds. A small testament to the fact he wasn’t completely human. ”I do think you’re some kind of demon, hence the immortality and teleporting,” Zeal shared what was probably the closest possible conclusion. Amused Wren hummed. If only he could teleport, but it was probably better to leave the illusion that he could up.

Then again, even he didn’t know how his immortality worked. There was only one man who knew and who was lame enough to never share it. Something demonic could very well be involved in the process. ”But aside that, you haven’t shown me enough yet to make a clear prognosis,” Zeal continued. Which was also for the better. Wren didn’t mind playing it risky when it came to sharing things about himself, but he was still under a sworn promise to keep the cult safe. ”Do you have any powers you can show me?” Zeal asked, still clearly curious. For a second he thought it over. It was really tempting, even if it wouldn’t be the smart thing to do. With a small grin he raised his hands to collect some black smoke around the darkening tips of his fingers, only for it to disappear into nothing again a second later. As if nothing had ever happened. ”Have fun figuring out what that was,” Wren finally responded to Zeal. He could hardly go ahead and kill some innocent bystander, but this display of the mandatory cult ability was good enough.

The question got returned about what his own hobbies were, something he was eager to share. For a long time now he had been collecting things, with a special focus on keyboards and everything that came with it. ”Keyboards?” Zeal repeated and Wren nodded. ”How do you make or design those?’ Zeal asked next. ”There’s lots of websites that let you design them, so I just blow my boss’ funds on them whenever I want to make a new one, and then I’ll usually order the parts and assemble them myself,” Wren explained with a grin, happy with the interest that was shown.

It was a shame he couldn’t take Zeal back to the headquarters to show him examples, though it did bring him to a new train of thought. Some old books he could always take along to show him instead. ”Really? That’d be awesome!’ Zeal exclaimed in enthusiasm. ”I can bring them over next time,” Wren offered, at the same time making clear that he was willing to meet again. ”I’d love to see the other stuff you’ve collected as well, but I assume that’s at a place I’m not allowed to visit,” Zeal took the right conclusion. Wren nodded with a slightly wry smile. ”Such a smart boy,” he noted a bit dryly.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar di jul 20, 2021 12:17 am

Of course, Zeal had been brainstorming about Wren could’ve been. He had even bought new books and asked some scientists from Jeremy’s lab to ask about it, but most of them didn’t know it either. They either thought some kind of demon or a wendigo and since Wren didn’t have red eyes nor has tried to eat Zeal, Zeal just assumed that Wren was a demon of sorts.

Wren seemed to enjoy it way to much to leave Zeal with his burning curiosity. So much so that the man teased him with a bit more insight on his powers. Appearance wise Wren didn’t look any different from any other human, aside from the deep black eyes, but a lot of Asians had full black eyes – his boss included. But then Wren held up his hand and a black smoke appeared around his fingertips. Zeal’s eyes widened. It immediately made him think of Jeremy and with the same weird scary aura around the smoke, Zeal assumed it was almost as deadly. ”Have fun figuring out what that was,” Wren said as soon as the smoke had disappeared as soon as it had appeared. Zeal shook his head and backed off a bit. ”I don’t like that at all,” he muttered with a soft uncomfortable chuckle.

With the new knowledge that Wren possessed of such a power, which Zeal could only relate to Jeremy’s power, made him realize how naïve Zeal had been. He wasn’t suddenly scared of the man, but he certainly was a bit more cautious. He had just invited this guy into his home, without realizing how much danger he had been in. He tried to push the thoughts away, reasoning that Wren wouldn’t harm him as he had many opportunities to do so if he had wanted to.

Luckily, they continued to talk about hobbies and Wren shared his. The hobbies surprised Zeal. The second one wasn’t something you’d expect of someone who has roamed this earth for longer than a few decades. ”There’s lots of websites that let you design them, so I just blow my boss’ funds on them whenever I want to make a new one, and then I’ll usually order the parts and assemble them myself,” Wren explained when Zeal asked how he did it. Zeal nodded. ”That’s pretty cool,” he replied. He assumed that Wren was pretty technical then and that he knew enough about the modern technology despite his immortality. ”How old are you exactly?” he then asked, wondering what was hiding behind the face of a 19 year old.

His own excitement lit back up as Wren mentioned an old book about the supernatural. Zeal would’ve loved to see it. ”I can bring them over next time,” Wren replied. Zeal smirked a bit. So there would be a next time? ”Awesome, maybe you can bring one of those keyboards as well?” he then added, assuming that he wouldn’t be able to go to Wren’s to see the keyboards himself, which Wren swiftly confirmed.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Wren Magpie di jul 20, 2021 1:10 am

It wasn’t likely that Zeal would ever figure out what he really was, that didn’t make listening to his guesses any less fun. Demon was a good one. Even if he probably shouldn’t Wren still ended up showing off some more of his power with the intent to tease as he summoned the deadly black plague around his hands, letting it disappear just as quickly. Instead of the desired result Zeal didn’t seem as enthusiastic about it. ”I don’t like that at all,” he muttered out. Wren pouted a bit at the fact Zeal didn’t seem impressed by his black smoke, more just wary. ”I wouldn’t use it against you,” he murmured. That would be no fun anyways, he liked the man. Besides, he wasn’t a fan of murder without purpose behind it.  

Still disappointed about the negative reception of his powers he’d rather focus on his hobbies. The subject was enough to cheer him up again as Zeal asked about his mechanical keyboards. ”That’s pretty cool,” he replied and Wren smiled widely again. It was the most fun to think out a design that fit someone and then go from there. Or in other cases to just figure out which design would annoy someone the most, it usually depended on the level of authority they had.

His love for keyboards had gotten a long time to develop, ever since typewriters had finally gotten replaced. They had been and still were fun to use, but they didn’t have the many possibilities that keyboards did. Getting to experience all the modern developments was by far the thing he loved most about being immortal. He got to be here for it all as society changed and new things got invented more and more. It wasn’t difficult to stay up to date with things either. ”How old are you exactly?” Zeal asked, apparently on a similar track of thoughts. Wren turned his focus back to him with a small grin. ”I’ve been around for hundreds of years. So you better show your elders some respect, especially in bed,” he answered as he reached out to ruffle through Zeal’s brown hair again.

On the same topic of old things and collecting his mind eventually ended up by the old books he had laying around in one of the rooms under the main building, mostly just collecting dust. He would be happy to take them along next time and let Zeal read them or even keep them. ”Awesome, maybe you can bring one of those keyboards as well?” Zeal added. Wren perked up a bit more at that idea, even if he had to wryly confirm that there would be no visiting his actual collection. Mostly because Crow would find a way to kill him, not because he didn’t want to. ”Sure, I’ll take my favourite along,” he replied. Again he was playing with the idea of designing one for Zeal too, but he’d have to see about that. Only his favourite people got one.

For the third time he reached over for a muffin, before pausing mid air as he came up with a better idea. ”Can I take some back to my office too?” Wren asked with a tilt of his head as he turned to Zeal. They would be nice to snack on next time he got back to work. Not that he was planning to return there yet, the park was fun and Snivy and Joltik didn’t seem to be tired yet either. He’d just leave when Zeal would, or the preferred version; follow him home again.
Wren Magpie
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
15-12-20

Wren Magpie

Bericht van Zeal Dreyar di jul 20, 2021 12:40 pm

The demonstration of power made his skin crawl. It reminded him way too much of Jeremy. So much so that Zeal unconsciously grew way more aware of the danger he was in. Wren pouted as Zeal didn’t give the wanted enthusiastic response. ”I wouldn’t use it against you,” Wren murmured. Zeal shook his body a bit and averted his gaze. ”I hope not,” he muttered. It made him wonder why Wren would need such a power when he was only supposed to be taxes or stalk someone. Then again, Zeal didn’t know for sure what the power actually did, but it seemed to him nothing less than pure death.

The hobby of mechanical keyboards seemed very modern and something he wouldn’t immediately associate with someone who was immortal. Granted, he didn’t know how old Wren was, but he assumed he had been around longer than Zeal had been. ”I’ve been around for hundreds of years. So you better show your elders some respect, especially in bed,” Wren answered the question, before ruffling through Zeal’s hair. Zeal duck down a bit, muttering something grumpily and moving away from the hand. ”Hmpf. Then first you got to show me that you deserve my respect,” he replied with a grin.

Zeal was excited to be able to read another book about the supernatural, especially if it wasn’t a book he could obtain easily. But then he’d also wanted to see a keyboard that Wren had made. He had grown curious to what it would look like. Zeal didn’t have a computer or laptop himself, but still, he was interested in it. ”Sure, I’ll take my favourite along,” Wren replied, making Zeal nod.

Zeal finished his second muffin while Wren went for his third. He paused midway, making Zeal frown slightly. ”Can I take some back to my office too?” Wren then asked. Zeal looked up a bit surprised but nodded with a grin. He looked in the container, noticing that there were still six muffins left. ”Sure, you can take them all,” he answered. ”I hope you’re coworkers enjoy them as much as you do,” he added with a grin.

eve's codes
Zeal Dreyar
Aantal berichten :
Registratiedatum :
11-11-20

Zeal Dreyar

Bericht van Gesponsorde inhoud

Gesponsorde inhoud